So… I recently called into AT&T to reset a password for an @sbcglobal.net email address, firstly I want to explain some things. It seems AT&T reps are able to reset passwords with crappy 6 character passwords only containing numbers and are authorized to give that password to someone over the phone.
What I really only needed to reset the password for this @sbcglobal.net email address…
- A valid account number, and name of account owner.
- An “I’m stupid” mentality.
- The ability to act confused.
- The email address you’d like the password to be reset on.
- The name of the person who owns the email account.
Really.. I’m serious.. That’s truly all I needed. It could have been the rep’s fault, and I do think she got pissed off and just thought I was some idiot who knew nothing about computers. She might have just gave in to get me off the phone. How the emails and account got setup was an utter mess though. So I genuinely was confused, and AT&T made me call in to perform the password reset.
So, I called up and was directed to a rep who eventually directed my call to the “technical support” department. After giving the lady with an attitude my client’s details (account # & name on the account) and explaining the situation. She asked me verification questions such as the “passcode” on the account. I was unable to answer the questions as I genuinely didn’t know what it was and neither did my client. I then asked if there was any other way I could verify. She then asked me one of the security questions, again, I didn’t know the answers. She seemed quite frustrated at that point. And it wasn’t just me playing dumb 😀 the person who setup the account didn’t pass down the details and a couple days ago that became a problem. After explaining the situation to her further, with interruptions from her, she angrily said she’s closing out the window because clearly this isn’t my account because I can’t verify my identity. She then asked what the email was where I’d like the password reset on. I told her the email and acted clueless at this point. She took a few minutes and asked me the name of the person who owns the account. She then told me to enter a URL where I could login. She gave me the temporary password. I entered it and was prompted to set a new password along with security questions. At that point I was thinking wtf.. But I was happy to have gotten in anyways.
I’m not sure if this is some big mistake by the rep or a hole in AT&T’s verification process. Nonetheless, it shows that I was able to get into an email account without any verification that I truly was the owner. I would stay FAR away from AT&T for this purpose along with their garbage “U-verse” internet.
I really recommend that everyone take this test and truthfully answer all questions. When you’re finished read about your personality type. For me INTP literally explains me perfectly. Forget horoscopes and bullshit astrological signs learn about who you actually are! You can learn so much about people just by observing their personality. I don’t even think a lot of people are really aware of what their personality and why they do the things they do. I believe understanding that is important, so take the test if you ever get a chance. You might learn a lot about yourself that you never knew or noticed. Make everyone you know take it too!
I am a strong believer in the paranormal because I have experienced several things in my life making me a believer. I wrote these stories a couple years back so I would never forget them. They are all true and the first one was the most shocking.
- It was around 2PM I was doing the dishes in my kitchen. I thought I saw my dad in the atrium, so I said “Dad is that you?” No answer, so I realized I was probably just seeing things. So I went back to putting the dishes in the dish washer. Then something makes me look at the atrium I said “Dad?” in a confused voice then I get this strange feeling (its really un-explainable). As soon as I turn around then turn around again, I see a white man (no color, just white) we were about 4 feet apart and face to face. I didn’t feel scared I just felt strange. The man had piercing white eyes, his eyes were the most noticeable feature on him. Its almost like they were shining. He was tall, wearing some sort of suit or maybe just white clothes and short hair. This felt like a long time, but it really wasn’t I am surprised I can remember every detail because this only lasted about 2 seconds. Its like my mind took a picture. As soon as the 2 seconds was up he turned sideways and walked into the wall. It was the most vivid experience I had ever had. When he walked its like he was a projection from an old movie, but yet he was 3 dimensional. He was see through but yet he had a form. I still think to this day what happened and to who he was and why he wanted to let me see him.
- This was the second time something strange happened and a long time from the first time I saw anything strange. I was watching the history channel ‘modern marvels’ and about 15 minutes into the show one of the 3 closet doors in the TV room slams shut. I look towards it and get really freaked out so I just drop everything and run into my room. I still can’t understand why I got so scared. There was also no windows open and the there was carpet under the door preventing it from closing even if there were windows open.
- This is the strangest one because I didn’t hear or see anything. I smelled it. This happened on a regular occasion every couple weeks. I would go downstairs to my room and smell this VERY strong cigar smoke. It was so strong it smelled like someone just smoked 5 cigars in my basement. There was no smoke and when I went to get my step mom or my dad to tell them to come down and smell it, they couldn’t. I was like “Don’t you smell that?” Every time I would ask them about it they said they didn’t smell anything out of the norm. I still am baffled to this day.
- It was summer, me and my best friend were at my grandparents house. We were really tired and we went to go upstairs to lay down and talk about the day. I was still wide awake while my friend was dozing off. I was just daydreaming and random things, then my bed which was 5 inches off the wall jolted and hit the wall. I was like “what the hell, my bed just moved”. My friend hardly had his eyes open, and he said “did you just see that?”. He told me that he saw a boy standing at the end of my bed then he blinked and it disappeared. (my uncle died in that house when he was 12).
- In my old house I also used to have a sensor light in the hallway leading to my room and it would turn on when there was motion. Several times I could hear noises as if someone was walking down the stairs and the light would turn on or a door would close in the other room (no one else lived on my floor).