If you find that your /var/log/prosody/prosody.err log is being spammed with things like;
Failed to load accounts storage (‘cannot open /var/lib/prosody/xmpp%2eis/accounts/lunar.dat: Too many open files’) for user: email@example.com
Then the solution is to increase your system’s open file limit in /etc/sysctl.conf, /etc/security/limits.conf and to create a new file called /etc/default/prosody with the limits. You will need to run nano, vi, etc as root or use sudo for this to work.
To do this
fs.file-max = 999999
Run sysctl -p to apply the changes to /etc/sysctl.conf
prosody hard nofile 999999
prosody soft nofile 999999
If you’re using systemd garbage you need to modify /etc/systemd/system.conf as well and add this parameter.
After you’ve done all this you shouldn’t have a problem and Prosody will be able to open more files. Hope this helps anyone that runs into the same issue!
I’ve been using an email service called Posteo for a little more than a year and I’ve really been enjoying it. It’s stable, seems secure and is low-cost (12 eur a year). Here is a little more info on their service.
If you’ve been searching for an email provider that respects your privacy and doesn’t use your data for ads, look no further! I recommend you check out their site for more info 🙂
I really recommend that everyone take this test and truthfully answer all questions. When you’re finished read about your personality type. For me INTP literally explains me perfectly. Forget horoscopes and bullshit astrological signs learn about who you actually are! You can learn so much about people just by observing their personality. I don’t even think a lot of people are really aware of what their personality and why they do the things they do. I believe understanding that is important, so take the test if you ever get a chance. You might learn a lot about yourself that you never knew or noticed. Make everyone you know take it too!
I am a strong believer in the paranormal because I have experienced several things in my life making me a believer. I wrote these stories a couple years back so I would never forget them. They are all true and the first one was the most shocking.
- It was around 2PM I was doing the dishes in my kitchen. I thought I saw my dad in the atrium, so I said “Dad is that you?” No answer, so I realized I was probably just seeing things. So I went back to putting the dishes in the dish washer. Then something makes me look at the atrium I said “Dad?” in a confused voice then I get this strange feeling (its really un-explainable). As soon as I turn around then turn around again, I see a white man (no color, just white) we were about 4 feet apart and face to face. I didn’t feel scared I just felt strange. The man had piercing white eyes, his eyes were the most noticeable feature on him. Its almost like they were shining. He was tall, wearing some sort of suit or maybe just white clothes and short hair. This felt like a long time, but it really wasn’t I am surprised I can remember every detail because this only lasted about 2 seconds. Its like my mind took a picture. As soon as the 2 seconds was up he turned sideways and walked into the wall. It was the most vivid experience I had ever had. When he walked its like he was a projection from an old movie, but yet he was 3 dimensional. He was see through but yet he had a form. I still think to this day what happened and to who he was and why he wanted to let me see him.
- This was the second time something strange happened and a long time from the first time I saw anything strange. I was watching the history channel ‘modern marvels’ and about 15 minutes into the show one of the 3 closet doors in the TV room slams shut. I look towards it and get really freaked out so I just drop everything and run into my room. I still can’t understand why I got so scared. There was also no windows open and the there was carpet under the door preventing it from closing even if there were windows open.
- This is the strangest one because I didn’t hear or see anything. I smelled it. This happened on a regular occasion every couple weeks. I would go downstairs to my room and smell this VERY strong cigar smoke. It was so strong it smelled like someone just smoked 5 cigars in my basement. There was no smoke and when I went to get my step mom or my dad to tell them to come down and smell it, they couldn’t. I was like “Don’t you smell that?” Every time I would ask them about it they said they didn’t smell anything out of the norm. I still am baffled to this day.
- It was summer, me and my best friend were at my grandparents house. We were really tired and we went to go upstairs to lay down and talk about the day. I was still wide awake while my friend was dozing off. I was just daydreaming and random things, then my bed which was 5 inches off the wall jolted and hit the wall. I was like “what the hell, my bed just moved”. My friend hardly had his eyes open, and he said “did you just see that?”. He told me that he saw a boy standing at the end of my bed then he blinked and it disappeared. (my uncle died in that house when he was 12).
- In my old house I also used to have a sensor light in the hallway leading to my room and it would turn on when there was motion. Several times I could hear noises as if someone was walking down the stairs and the light would turn on or a door would close in the other room (no one else lived on my floor).
I just thought this was funny that Ashley Madison, a service claiming to be anonymous and “100% Discreet” was neither. The truth is you should never trust anything that claims to be 100% anonymous/discreet, because that simply doesn’t exist. Their marketing is sneaky and smells of snake oil. For example a screenshot from their site:
“Trusted Security Award”. Excuse me, but what the fuck is that? It seems that they just gave themselves a medal that doesn’t even exist. On to The claim of Ashley Madison being a “100% DISCREET SERVICE”. Ha! What a joke! The leak proves this is not true whatsoever! “SSL Secure Site” as if that even matters. Sadly people who don’t know any better fall for these stupid baseless marketing tricks, and boy did they pay the price. Maybe this is a lesson to teach us all that there is no such thing as a 100% anonymous service where you give your credit card number to.
Can we also have a laugh at this 😀
They’re not so “anonymous” any more!
Go see for yourself over at ashleymadison.com
(inb4 they change all of this, let this be a reference).